Thursday, January 8, 2009

When I first moved into my new house I imagined myself doing a lot more making than I actually have been. I had lists of projects, recipes, and plants I wanted to try, and was going to document them all here. But that hasn't been the case. And when I have taken pictures of things I'm making, I'm too lazy to upload the pictures from my camera to put them up here. But I have new year's resolutions, and news from November!
First, the news: I'm engaged, and getting married June 20! The date was finalized after weeks of indecisiveness. Dylan and I are getting married at the church I grew up attending, and the reception is going to be in my aunt and uncle's back yard. There's tons to plan and think about, so this blog might temporarily become a blog for wedding/reception ideas.
Second, the resolutions:
1. Update blog regularly, my goal right now is three times a week.
2. Exercise regularly. Again three times a week.
3. Cook more often. I've gotten into a habit of making really boring food that isn't very delicious nor is it very good for me.
4. Keep things cleaner around here.
5. Start working at least three days a week. I'm substitute teaching these days, which means I choose the days and locations that I work. I'm not taking classes anymore so there's absolutely no excuse for me to not work at LEAST three days a week. I really should work 4 or 5.

And now, I'm off to do laundry and straighten up the kitchen so I can blog about the black bean soup I'm going to make.

No comments: