Saturday, March 28, 2009

Table runners and sangria

Newest project in the works: wedding site

I also bought 3 fabrics for table runners:

I'll make them about 14 inches wide, but I'm undecided about the length. I think we'll rent ground-length white table clothes for 5ft round tables and lay these on top- maybe they should be 84 inches? Any ideas?

For the reception, I decided mojitos would be a little labor-intensive, so I think I'd like to have punch bowls or pitchers of white sangria! I have a test batch in the fridge right now. Never made sangria before... so we'll see how this turns out.

Recipe I used: 8 strawberries, 1 granny smith apple, 1 nectarine, 1 lemon, 1 lime, 3 tbs sugar, 1 bottle chardonnay, 3 shots peach schnapps. And we'll top if off with soda water when we're ready to drink.

I have no idea how it'll taste... but it's pretty!

1 comment:

Susan said...

hey laura! i haven't stopped by your blog in a while. how did this sangria turn out? it's sooo pretty!