Sunday, July 12, 2009

Banana Cupcakes

Lately I've just been wanting simple, easy food- basically lots of pasta, salads, and soup. I got Moosewood's Simple Suppers from the library the other day, and love it. The first (and only) thing I've tried at this point, are the banana cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I thought they were delicious, but a little sweet. My husband said "I want to be buried in these" :)

moosewood's banana cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting
wet ingredients

1 1/2 c mashed bananas
1/2 c veg oil
1 1/3 c brown sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 c plain yogurt

dry ingredients
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
icing
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
3 T butter (room temp)
1 c powdered sugar

1 T cocoa
(I also added about 1 T strong coffee)

Use an electric mixer to combine wet ingredients until smooth, sift dry ingredients together then add to wet and mix on slow speed until completely combined. Spoon into 2 lined cupcake pans, filling each cup 2/3 full. bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

For icing- mix all ingredients with electric mixer until smooth, ice cupcakes after they cool.

**A note about my icing: I realized as I was beating the butter and cream cheese that we didn't have powdered sugar, so I used about 2/3 c granulated sugar that had been food processed. it didn't get very fine, and the icing ended up looking a lot like melted chocolate ice cream, but it was really, really good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura! you're just about the cutest thing ever!
you me & your hubby should eat some food sometime or something...